This section introduces add-on products (add-ons) and provides the procedures for you to create, configure, and manage them.
Add-ons are products designed to complement other products. For example, if you are selling a database product, you might offer customers a report generation add-on. Or, if you are selling a storage product, you might offer customers additional storage options in the form of add-ons.
The following describe add-ons:
- Add-ons must be connected with a parent product in order to appear on a marketplace.
- Add-ons cannot be purchased by themselves without a parent product.
- Add-ons are always optional purchases.
- Multiple add-ons can be connected with one parent product.
- One add-on can be connected with an unlimited number of products.
- Add-ons do not have editions (only one pricing plan is configured for each add-on).
- Add-ons can be purchased in quantities that differ from the quantity of parent product or other add-ons purchased.
- Add-ons appear on the same invoice as the parent product unless their billing cycles are configured to differ.
- Add-ons can be prorated to match the parent product’s billing cycle.
- Add-ons can inherit the single sign-on settings of the parent product.
- No integration report is available for add-on products.
Parent products may have more than one edition and add-ons can be connected with at least one, and optionally more than one, of those editions. The add-on can only be purchased with the connected editions.
After purchase, add-ons are assigned to users independently of parent products, and users do not need to be assigned the parent product to be assigned the add-on.
An add-on subscription can be canceled from an order without canceling the parent product subscription or other add-on subscriptions. However, when an order includes an add-on, the add-on subscription must be canceled before the parent product subscription can be canceled.