You must create a product in your live environment before you can access the distribution checklist. When you create a product, you choose a product type, integration type, usage model, and revenue model for it.
To create a product, follow this procedure.
Step 1. Log on to AppDirect with your Developer account credentials.
Step 2. Click Live. The Live environment indicator is darker than the Test environment indicator. You are working in your Live environment.
Step 3. Click Products.
- If you have not created a product, the Create New Product page opens. Proceed to the next step.
- If you have created a product, the Manage Your Products page opens. Click Add Products. The Create New Product page opens.
The next steps address each option on this page. However, if you accept the default configuration, you only need to enter a product name and click Create Product.
Step 4. To configure the new product, complete the following:
a. Complete the Product Name field. This is the name shown to marketplace customers and users when they shop, purchase, use, and manage the product.
b. Under Service Type, accept the default of Standalone Product.
Since you need to create a product before you can create an Add-on for one, the Add-on for Product option is irrelevant for this procedure.
c. Select one of the integration type options. This determines if the product is automatically provisioned, or not, and also whether it is importable by a Company Administrator, or not.
Following are the available options.
- Referral Only—Products have a profile on the marketplace for marketing purposes only. Leads generated by the product's profile are redirected to the developer's website. Sales for referral products are not completed on the marketplace.
- Buyable Only—Products have a profile and can be purchased. This option is only available if AppDirect has enabled your marketplace with the ability to create importable applications.
- Import Only—Products created with this option can only be imported, not purchased. For example, a product created with this configuration allows a Company Administrator to import an application they already own, enabling all the benefits of single sign-on and streamlined application assignment. This option is only available if AppDirect has enabled the import applications feature for your marketplace.
Full Integration—Selecting this configuration requires that you completely integrate the product with AppDirect. The marketplace handles purchases, service provisioning, and user management. The marketplace also tracks all data, so that you can track sales.
If AppDirect has enabled the importable applications creation feature for your marketplace, selecting this option means that the product that can be purchased and imported. If your marketplace is not enabled to create importable applications, the product can be purchased, but not imported.
d. Select one of the Usage Model options:
- Single User—Only one user account can access and use the product. Typically, the purchaser is the only user of the product, or Company Administrators manage the assignment of the product to one user at a time.
- Multiple Users—Multiple user accounts can access and use the product. Typically, Company Administrators assign the product to users.
e. Select a Revenue Model to determine how you charge for your product.
- Free—Product is free. The customer pays nothing.
- One time—Customers pay for the product once.
- Recurring—Customers pay for the product on a price-per-unit, recurring basis. For example, monthly at $10 per user per month, or weekly at $2.50 per user per week.
- Tiered—Customers are charged for the product on a price-per-unit, recurring basis. However, unlike the Recurring revenue model, the price-per-unit differs depending on the number of units that the customers purchase. For example, $10 per user per month for the first 50 users, $8 per user per month for the next 50 users, and $6 per user per month for every additional user.
Step 5. Click Create Product. The product is created, and the product configuration page for it opens.